Sunday, November 20, 2016

Straight Guy Problems

Hey ya'll! This post is kinda lengthy but I really need to get this out... (sidenote: checkout my nigga Cold Phoenix's return with his most recent post (click here) and tell 'em Cogito sent ya'!)

So I've been hanging with this straight guy and his girl for a while now. I knew him from a few years back when we both lived up North, we had crossed paths a few times at venues and whatnot. I found out he moved really close to where I live now and we linked up earlier this summer, really hit it off, and have been hanging pretty much every weekend since.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't initially attracted to him way back in the day, or even that I didn't feel some residual type of way once we reconnected. What I will say is that as we've gotten to know each other, I slowly but surely lost sexual attraction to him. Once we became actual close friends, I have developed a very strong fraternal bond with him on my end, but I think he's starting to feel some other way...

Last weekend, I was in the neighborhood and texted him to let him know I was about 20 minutes away from his house. He didn't respond so I texted his girl too, just for that extra receipt. Neither one had texted back by the time I pulled up so I figured he just saw my text and unlocked the door like he usually does.

This time, however, the door was locked and his very startled-looking gf came rushing downstairs to unlock. I walk into the living room and am introduced to their friend (let's call her Tasha from Power), apparently this 3LW chick was their co-worker. We were hastily introduced and I kinda just sat there and slowly started realizing that I totally just walked in and interrupted something. But hell, this they shit where they pay the rent, so I thought nothing of it.

10-15 minutes after being there, I accidentally called this bitch Tasha to her face and I assumed that's why she up and left as quick as she did. Whatever.

Later on that night, me and dude were on our way to the liquor store to start pre-gaming for the night. You know how you just look up and realize you and your passenger are just sorta riding in silence with no music on? I'm looking out the passenger window, halfway asking myself again wtf I walked into earlier, when dude turns to me and randomly asks about my views on polygamy.

I told him that I'd written papers about it before but that was pretty much it; he asked if I ever thought about being a polygamist. I told him no...

He told me that he's thinking of dabbling in it. And that right before I came knocking, him, his chick and Tasha were about to get it popping. His girl, like many women, has always had a fantasy about being with another woman and was hot and ready to scissor 3LW right when I pulled up. I told him my bad, and that we need to just come up with a code-word or something to let me know yall doing some real nigga shit, like just tell me to go to White Castle or something and come back, I'm perfectly fine with that.

He laughed and told me the reason Tasha left is because she was wet af and couldn't take just sitting there. I told him I could kinda tell something was bout to pop off by the way he hugged her goodbye.

Then this nigga asks me how I would've felt if some shit popped off while I was present.

I told him I can't stop them from doing a damn thing in their own house, but to just shoot me a warning text or sumn when ya'll bout to turn into that swinger episode on Martin.

We laughed, got some Crown Royal and a dub sack, and that was that conversation...

I think this nigga tryna steal my draws, ya'll.

I'm conflicted because, all in all, I kinda do have feelings for him, and he's expressed to me before on a few occasions that I mean something special to him. The biggest problem for me is that he has a girl, and the second problem being that I'm not in the business of turning niggas out.

Help!
----------------------
 Music, you say?

Butterflies -- Dej Loaf
Hey There -- Dej Loaf ft. Future
I'm ready to live in my truth and admit I like Hands Free -- Keke Palmer
----------
Enjoy the pics and puh-leeeeeze help a nigga with this conundrum. (excuse any typos)
-_Cogito
Capricornaries@hotmail.com








No comments:

Post a Comment