Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Take it or leave it!

I don't have too much to say in this post. Just roll with me, k? I'm the textbook description of a yo-yo dieter. I can stay on a diet, so long as I'm not hungry. Which means, I break it every 4-6 hours ;) I just love food, sue me! And I'm not a "big dude", I'm not even "chubby". Most (embarrassingly fem) guys like to mask their weight by saying their "thick", but to be considered as such, you must be... beefy, that's me. I'm beefy; I have SOLID weight on me (in all the right places).

I try to tell my best friend all the time that girls aren't the only ones that go through weight-issues. Especially when the ideal guy in today's age is considered Tall, 12-packed and drop-dead gorgeous. But what about me? I may wake up one day and think "eh... I could stand to lose 10 or 15 lbs" and other days I'm like "daaaammmnnnn!!! I gotta ROCKIN body!"

So I'm halfway from the gym today and I have the sudden epiphany: what the hell am I doing this for? My doctor says I have a healthy weight on me, and my boo loves the extra meat on my bones, so why am I on my way to the gym as if I'm programmed to do so? That's when I realized: damn it, this is me, take it or leave it! It's not to say that I won't still work out, because I feel good while I'm doing it, but I promise myself that from now on, I'm going to work out and diet because it's what I want to do and not because I feel like I have to fit into a certain body-shape/weight.

So, tonight's pics are in honor of the thick dudes! To whom I prefer over skinny guys any day! Remember the show Gumby back in the day? All tall and skinny? yeah, I'll let you guys handle that, give me a thick-em anyday!!! (thanks for reading my rant!)

--Cogito
















1 comment:

  1. I agree with you, as long as you're healthy for your size. There's no need to fit the worlds view of what you should look like. Muscled thick are sexy, especially Daddy bears.

    ReplyDelete